Saturday 14 April 2012

Pear tart, what? - Drips Bakery Cafe

That's our last stop of our "A Day As A Tourist In Singapore Part 2" (what is this? Visit my Exploration Blog.) and I'm surprised that I could still fit in another half a pear tart. Why? Because the tart was just nice. I seldom eat tarts, especially fruit tarts. And even if I did, they were usually apple tarts. But pear tart? This is like the first time I try it, and Drips' turns out to be quite nice! The pear was a little too sweet if eaten separately, but I love the crust. It's not too sweet and it's crusty, if you get what I mean. I supposed the pear is to be eaten together with the crust so that the crust's taste neutralizes the pear's taste, but I couldn't pick up both together with the small fork, so yeah, maybe you should just use your hand.

Pear tart

We also ordered iced apple infused, which we thought was apple juice, but it's actually apple tea. Sam didn't really like it but I thought it's quite refreshing, because I've never had apple tea before.

Iced apple infused

It's one of a few cafes around the vicinity, but it appears that they have the most businesses, I guess they have other desserts that are nice, so perhaps it's worth to give it a second try next time, with a less full stomach. =)

Visit them at 82 Tiong Poh Road #01-05, Singapore 160082 or their website.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment