Saturday 14 April 2012

Never forget truffle fries - Everything With Fries

No, don't be misled by their name, their main dishes are as good. We heard about it but didn't have the chance to try out, finally we did, and how I wish I had known this place earlier.

We have been there a few times by now, and we have tried some dishes which we think are nice and unique. First is the beef karubi, which as the name suggests, is oriental. At first we didn't think it would be cooked in oriental style, we even asked them for medium welldoness, turns out that it's not the kind of beef steak we thought it would be! So it's not tough at all, and the sauce matches just well with the meat. What's more? It comes with their unique truffle fries. Oh I wish I had known truffle fries earlier. I absolutely love its unique taste, it's a taste that I can't describe in words, it's just, well, tasty. Ever since I've tried truffle fries, I have been craving for it. ;)

Beef karubi with truffle fries

And the next super star, NZ wild king salmon. Seriously, after trying the salmon here, I don't feel like eating it anywhere else. It literally melts in your mouth, did you see that? IT MELTS IN YOUR MOUTH. It's so magical, we really have no idea why it would melt in your mouth, it just did. I can't describe how magical it is, you have got to try it yourself.

Wild king salmon with curry fries

Oh, sorry that I almost forget about the one egg soup. Although it's not exactly very unique, it's still nice because of the crispy egg (or flour) in the middle of the soup.

One egg soup, really one egg?

Last but not least, their legend... wait for it... ary nuttela tart. Well, although I love nuttela (who doesn't) and chocolate, this one is a bit too much for me. After having the soup and a main course, you really have little room left for the dessert. It is too sweet and chocolaty and 2 persons are definitely not enough to finish it without, well, pain. That's quite sad because we initially came here for the nuttela tart. Perhaps we should give it another try next time with our stomach empty.

Nuttela tart

That ends our recommendation for Everything With Fries. They have a few outlets, but I would recommend that you go to the Holland Village outlet, because apparently the other branches do not have the king salmon.

Enjoy your melt-in-your-mouth king salmon!

Visit them at 40 Lorong Mambong Singapore 277695 or their website.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment