Tuesday 29 June 2010

Yet another recommendation - Raindrops

Okay. So it started out with Sam 'liking' their facebook group. And I went googling about them. It seems like it's a nice place to chill out and eat. And just nice that I'm meeting Sam yesterday so I decided that we should try out this place.

It's actually quite a small restaurant/cafe, probably about 10 tables indoor and 5 tables outdoor? But the outdoor seats look romantic with a candle. Haha. If you wish to have a candle-lit dinner. ;)

So we ordered dishes with a rain drop beside the name. Pardon me again because I still cannot remember dishes' names. Well, they are Salmon with Asparagus and Fish n' Chips. The serving speed was really fast. I think we only waited for less than 10 minutes.

The Salmon was nice because it doesn't taste fishy and it's not dry and hard. I couldn't figure out what the sauce was but according to Sam it was nice. And the mash potato was nice because even though without sauce, it has a taste by itself. The texture was just nice, not too powdery, not too soft. Just a pity that there isn't much asparagus.


The Fish n' Chips was also a surprise, because it doesn't taste like those you find elsewhere. According to the menu description, it's beer battered. At first when I tasted I felt it tastes like fried banana. Then I realized it's beer. Haha. Nothing much to mention besides the beer taste. Perhaps that the green salad could have been better with some sauce. It was just plain vegetables and tasted quite bitter.


Lastly we ordered a tiramisu-alike dessert, I think it was some mousse or something. I think there was liquor inside, oh of course there is because it's tiramisu-like. So it was not fantastic, but acceptable given the fact that I couldn't stop eating it. Actually I wanted to try the chocolate cake with ice cream but they didn't have it yesterday. )=


We felt that the service was good but just one part that is quite annoying. They kept approaching us to clear our plates when there's still some food left on the plates. But other then that their service is good.

I think if you don't mind paying a bit more it's a good place to go to. The salmon was $16 and fish n' chips is $12 and the mousse was $9. But they're having 20% off now so after GST the total was $32++.

Give it a try!

Visit them at 2 Orchard Link, Scape, Singapore 237978 or their website.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment