Saturday 26 June 2010

Another recommended baked rice - With A Pinch Of Salt

Yes! This is the one I have been patronizing very frequently recently. So they actually sell this very nice baked rice. Since it's quite recent I can describe the dish better in details. ^oo^

Actually nothing much to describe. First is that there is no GST + service charge! I love places with no GST and service charge. This baked rice costs only $8.90 without all the extras! =P Anyway, talking about the taste, I like the sauce because it doesn't taste like the normal baked rice sauce we'll get elsewhere. I think it's some herbs which I don't know and mixed with some other spices. Well, I don't really care as long as it tastes good. Second thing is that the rice was cooked just nicely. Usually the rice in baked rice is quite hard and dry, but this is different. It's soft and juicy because of the sauce. And of course the layer of cheese is quite thick too. Meat wise I think it's okay, since everywhere they are having a small serving of meat on a large serving of rice. I am satisfied with the meat serving. One word, yummy~

Second is the fish and chips. Actually nothing much can go wrong with fish and chips. But I just want to mention that their fish and chips is worth it in the sense that the fish fillet is very thick not for the crumbs but for the meat itself. You know some places have very 'thick' looking fillet but it's all just crumbs. So this one they are selling is considered the better one. And it tastes quite fresh and juicy so I think it's considered good for the price of $8.90 if I remember correctly.

Last is the dessert called 'Choco Lava'. I supposed it's brownie? Actually I don't really care what it is either, as long as it tastes good. So it's a brownie in a cup, topped with vanilla ice cream and most importantly, filled with hot melted chocolate~ When you dig into the brownie the chocolate flows out and together with the ice cream you send the spoon to your mouth, fantastic taste. I really love chocolate. XD And it's $4.90 only. Don't think that it looks like a small serving, because after the main course you probably need to share it with another person.

Choco lava

This is really quite a good place to hang out with friends and chit-chat, because they serve you one big jar of ice water the moment you step into the cafe, so you won't need to worry of getting thirsty after talking too much.

Yup, and the best is they are not a franchise, so they don't serve like robots but are quite friendly. Give it a try! I don't know the exact address, but it's along Tanjong Katong Road, alight at the Tanjong Katong Girls' School bus stop and walk a few shops down the road. It's a corner shop. You will see very cute cartoon figures and probably will know that's the place. Hope you will enjoy the food there~!

Visit them at 297 Tanjong Katong Road, Singapore 437080, or their website.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment