Sunday 3 November 2013

Fried Rice - Ding Tai Fung

It was long time ago when I first visited Ding Tai Fung at Jurong Point. I remember I was impressed by their good service, as compared to Crystal Jade.

But since they recently opened at Chinatown Point, which is nearby my workplace, I paid them a visit when I did not want to eat the usual stuff for lunch.

Turns out that their fried rice is actually quite nice.

Pork Fried Rice

The serving is a little too large for normal eaters, so it's a good dish for sharing. The fried rice is juicy enough, and tasteful. It is not the normal dry and bland fried rice you get at kopitiam. I was worried that the pork cutlet is too hard to chew, but turns out that it is very juicy and soft, so it goes very well with the fried rice.

Their xiao long bao is not that impressive, or at least it will not be the factor that make me revisit the restaurant. But they indeed have very good service, when they specially replace 1 piece of xiao long bao for us when the waiter accidentally spoilt 1 when serving.

Xiao Long Bao

Lastly, their beef noodle is quite average. The soup base is not bad, but the beef is not really up to expectation. I like the soup base being not too heavy compared to other beef noodle soup I have tried, but the meat is a little too hard.

Beef Noodle

Overall, I will still recommend this restaurant for their good service and tasty fried rice.

Visit their website for their various store locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment